Meine Culinarische Reise durch Münster : Griechischen Taverna

I am always amazed by the Greek eating culture - It is fun! Poeple gather around a dining room to share delicious food, humorous stories and lots of laughter! I was so pleased when AB @ (my half greek friend) suggested me to visit Taverna - a Greek restaurant situated not so far from the city center. The restaurant is not overly decorated, spacious and cozy. The interior décor of Taverna features "face brick" installed on the main wall with some simple framed illustrations, few huge mirrors, a decent number of tables and chairs, etc. The menu is extensive, from mezze (a selection of small dishes) to grilled seafood, meat, fresh salads and wines.
  • [food] I started with a glass of Apfelschorle @ apple juice mixed with carbonated water - didn't work for me! the juice was over-diluted and tasted more like water!! However, my appetizer "Kolokithakia mehliert" was excellent. The zucchini fritters were served with some pine nuts. They were warm and crispy on the outside and light and soft in the inside - like them a lot! My main dish was "Arnisio Fileto"- lamb fillet with rosemary sauce, grilled paprika and zucchini and served with Mediterranean vegetables. The lamb was tender and spiced very well. The juicy chunks of zucchini and paprika blended well with the grilled meat. My only issue was with the portions - they were SO huge and with LOTS of meat! it was just 'too-much' for me. It would be nice if the lamb served with some rice or more vegetables. My suggestion > if you are not a meat fan, then go for the seafood or side-dishes. We received free Ouzo at the end of our meal - if you like licorice or absinthe, then you will like Ouzo!
  • [service] S L O W .... Service with a LOng Wait. Don't be surprised if you have to spend almost 2 hours to get your food..
  • [price] Decent prices > Cola + Apfelschorle + Appetizer + Lam fillet ~ 22.00 EUR
  • [food quality] Kolokithakia mehliert - 4 stars ; Arnisio Fileto - 4 stars
Conclusions : Great food, decent prices but requires more patience for waiting for the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment